Accounting Supervisor for professional college client, remote.
Marberg Job Number: 2123.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: ASAP for approximately 1 year, with possibility of extension.
Compensation: $36.39 per hour to $43 per hour, according to experience.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: FULL TIME WORK HOURS – 7.5 work hours per day, not including unpaid .5 hour lunch break and an additional .5 hour of unpaid breaks, to be worked between 8:30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday (37.5 work hours per week). Additional overtime hours may be required according to client business needs.
Work Location: Currently 100% remote-based.
Analyze, reconcile, and maintain financial records for professional college. Prepare regular financial statements, perform variance analysis, and supervise AP function, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Supervise financial transactions, recording adjustments as needed. Ensure complete documentation for each transaction.
- Supervise direct reports and ensure timely processing of purchases and payments including review of vendor invoices, purchase orders, and related records.
- Finalize recording of investment transactions for review and approval of Assistant Controller, including reconciliation and preparation of journal entries for capital acquisitions and disposals. Investigate for unrecorded liabilities and record accrued expenses.
- Prepare, review and file monthly sales tax returns.
- Monitor accounting procedures relating to asset acquisitions, cash disbursements, and investments for compliance with internal controls. Support Assistant Controller by designing and implementing procedures to enhance Department workflow.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; conduct analysis of performance against budget; monitor policy compliance.
- Coordinate timely reporting of monthly revenue and collections by ensuring all accounting tasks required to prepare the reports are completed according to internal deadlines. Ensure accuracy, completeness, and timely preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements, working papers, supporting schedules, and journal entries.
- Reconcile general ledger to ensure accurate accounting of transactions.
- Review contracts, agreements, invoices, and purchase orders to ensure compliance with financial policies and signing authorities.
- Provide information to support Assistant Controller in preparing financial reporting and responding to audit inquiries.
- Respond to questions or requests from departments related to financial and accounting information.
- Participate in accounting projects and initiatives, engaging with other departments as needed.
- Prepare documents for audit schedules, respond to auditor requests and inquiries, and support audit process as required.
- Additional accounting responsibilities as required.
Education: Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in accounting.
Professional Credentials: Accounting designation (CPA) required.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 5+ years of full-cycle accounting and corporate finance experience.
Preferred Sector Experience: Not-for-profit or public sector experience preferred.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Advanced knowledge of MSOffice software including Excel, Word, and Outlook (may be tested).
- Strong proficiency in accounting software.
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including advanced business writing skills and professional verbal presentation skills suitable for a range of audiences.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works to deadlines.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proven ability to respond to sensitive and confidential matters with tact, discretion, and excellent judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently, collaboratively, and in an advisory capacity, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated team leadership skills; ability to motivate and engage with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders, at all levels of seniority.
- Demonstrated ability to apply project management principles, methodologies and best practices.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must reside in Ontario and be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work 100% remotely, abiding by organization remote-work policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2123
Location: Canada Ontario Remote
Category: Accounting and Payroll, Not for Profit
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 36.39
Date Updated 07/11/2023