Accounting Clerk for Law Firm.
Job Type: Temporary to Permanent
Compensation: $24/hr to $34/hr according to seniority; full time position will offer comparable annual salary range and excellent benefits.
Hours: Regular day time hours
Work location: Onsite; downtown Toronto office on streetcar line
- Accounts Receivable.
- Accounts Payable.
- Opening and maintaining files.
- Client Disbursements.
- Trust Entries.
- Preparation of general and trust cheques.
- Daily bank deposits for general, trust and partnership accounts.
- Review and code invoices.
- Administer petty cash.
- Reconcile bank accounts.
- Process monthly billing statements and final billings.
- Professional and timely collection of any outstanding accounts receivable.
- Month end reports.
- Respond to phone and email inquiries.
- Additional accounting clerical and administrative responsibilities as required.
- Will need to lift boxes up to 30 pounds in weight occasionally.
- 5+ years relevant AP and AR accounting clerical experience, preferably from a law firm and/or professional services firm environment.
- Proficiency in Lighthouse.
- Strong MSOffice skills including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent judgement and discretion to handle confidential information.
- Ability to work well in a busy, high performance team environment.
- Satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 966
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Accounting and Payroll, Legal
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 24
Date Updated 11/16/2020