Accounting Assistant with Great Plains proficiency required for health care services agency.
Position Type: Temporary, initial term July 1 – December 31st, 2020
Hourly Rate: $21-$23 per hour
Core Hours: Regular business hours, Monday-Friday
- Provide accounting related administrative support for purchased client services.
- Verification of client visits, billings against authorized services, error identification, corrective action, specialized billing review (ie. WSIB) and invoice integration into Great Plains accounting system.
- Billing support to internal and external stakeholders.
- Reconciliation of weekly billings and vendor statements, manual cheque requisitions, and applying knowledge of organizational billing codes to ensure accuracy.
- Document accounting trends and statistics, prepare regular program and specialized reports, and conduct minor policy review for discrepancies, recommending solutions as needed.
- Provide back up coverage for other members of the finance team to participate in committees, policy reviews, and team projects as necessary.
- Complete all accounting work thoroughly and precisely, following policies and procedures and ensuring accurate record keeping for audit purposes.
- Secondary school diploma and minimum 1-2 years of formal accounting post secondary education
- 1-3 years of related accounts payable experience, public sector or healthcare accounting experience is a definite asset.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Great Plains Accounting System and Microsoft 365.
- Strong awareness of accounting best practices and client confidentiality obligations in the workplace.
- Exceptional problem solving, mathematical and analytical skills with the ability to apply knowledge to accounting work.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- An accurate, detail oriented approach with the ability to function in an office with multiple interruptions and high demands.
- Exposure to accounting, data controls and working in a controlled environment are assets.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 818
Location: Canada Ontario Brampton
Category: Administrative, Accounting and Payroll, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 21
Date Updated 11/06/2020