Accounting and Financial Assistant for provincial government agency, Scarborough head office.
Marberg Job Number: 1590.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: Starting May 2, 2022, for initial terms between 11 weeks and 15 weeks in duration.
Compensation: $22.39 per hour to $26.12 per hour.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Work Hours: 7.25 work hours per day, not including 45 minute unpaid lunch break, to be worked on a shift schedule between the hours of 8:30 am to 9 pm, Monday – Saturday; and 11 am to 6 pm on Sunday (36.25 total work hours per week). Additional paid overtime may be required.
Work Location: 100% onsite at Client’s Scarborough office, close to 401 and on bus route. Free parking provided.
Dress Code: Business or Neat Casual Dress; Facemask to be worn in designated areas of client facilities as required; Non-Scented Personal Products Workplace Policy in effect.
- Provide accounting, financial and administrative support to the Accounting and Finance team.
- Process invoices and expense claims in accordance corporate policies and procedures.
- Data entry into databases and spreadsheets for timesheets and accounts payable records.
- Electronic and hard copy financial records administration.
- Receive, track, distribute and further process incoming invoices and additional mailed and emailed business correspondence.
- Additional accounting and financial administrative and clerical responsibilities as required.
Education: Post Secondary education in Accounting, Business Administration or related discipline, or equivalent combination of work experience and education.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 2+ years of related work experience in accounting and financial administration.
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Proficiency in MSExcel and MSWord (will be tested).
- Fast and accurate data entry skills (will be tested).
- Experience with Great Plains software an asset.
- Experience with payroll administration an asset.
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including satisfactory business writing skills.
Task-Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Self starter: punctual, responsible and reliable, with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and work to due dates.
- Pleasant and courteous; able to work well both independently and cooperatively as part of a team and liaise effectively with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders. Demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization. Excellent listening skills.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work 100% onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of full COVID-19 vaccination series prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Aboriginal people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1590
Location: Canada Ontario Scarborough
Category: Accounting and Payroll, Government
Number Of Positions 5
Pay Rate 22.39
Date Updated 04/26/2022