Accounting Analyst for not-for-profit community services client, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 2119.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: ASAP to January 30, 2024, with possible of extension.
Compensation: $40.45 per hour.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: From 9 am to 5 pm not including 1 hour unpaid lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (35.0 work hours per week).
Work Location: 100% onsite at client’s downtown Toronto office, near TTC station.
To ensure data integrity and accuracy of financial information, and to oversee and implement continuous improvement initiatives for the General Accounting Team.
- Analyze financial records, communicate with stakeholders, and prepare adjustments in order to accurately reflect financial information.
- Maintain accounting records related to client-owned accounts, provide client account reports and statements, and respond to enquiries.
- Analyze financial transactions and identify opportunities to support continuous improvement.
- Safeguard organization financial resources, including cost recovery and asset management.
- Plan and implement functional process optimization and organizational change initiatives.
- Prepare financial reports required by the organization leadership and program funders.
- Additional accounting, financial analysis and business analysis and advisory responsibilities as required.
Education: Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Accounting, Business, Finance, or equivalent discipline.
Professional Credentials: CPA awarded or actively enrolled and close to completion.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 3+ years of pertinent experience in an accounting or financial analyst role.
Preferred Sector Experience: Public Sector and/or Not-for-Profit Sector Accounting experience preferred.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Proficient in working with large data sets, including advanced Excel functions (may be tested).
- Experience with application of relational databases and BI tools.
- Sound knowledge of workflow software applications.
- Strong English communication skills, including advanced level business writing skills, and verbal presentation skills suitable for a range of audiences, including senior leadership.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ability to analyze and extract patterns and trends with models from real world data sets.
- Experience with implementing and assessing internal controls.
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works to deadlines.
- Pleasant and courteous. Demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Strong relationship management skills including client and vendor relations management, business networking, negotiation, change management and consulting/advisory skills.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work 100% onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of position responsibilities.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2119
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Accounting and Payroll, Not for Profit
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 40.45
Date Updated 02/11/2023