Accountant required for a provincial government organization located in downtown Toronto. Family Leave coverage.
Job type: Temporary Assignment, full-time hours
Salary range: $37 to 46/hr
- Work with controller on projects within the Finance Department.
- Lead the development AP Metrics and provide monthly reports to management
- Prepare quarterly and semi-annual files for the Board.
- Provide support to the finance team on audit requirements, reconciliations and analysis.
- Maintain monthly General Ledger Balance Sheet Account reconciliations such as: payroll remittance, severance, payroll and payable accrual accounts, fixed asset, capital accounting).
- Conduct bank reconciliation.
- Prepare analyses of journals and accruals for monthly statements.
- Preparation of weekly, monthly and annual cash flow reporting.
- Develop and manage working relationships with all partners, stakeholders and clients, ensuring cooperative efforts in the delivery of financial, reporting, operational and project management functions.
- Administer P-Card process.
- Perform P-Card audit and follow-up with cardholders for unfiled reconciliations.
- Monitor AP and PO aging report to ensure vendor accounts are current.
- Create weekly Bank Transfers.
- Provide accounts payable services within established finance policies, procedures and timeframes.
- Review invoice batches for payment by ensuring appropriate coding and supporting documentation are attached.
- Establish and/or modify vendor and payment related data on the finance department’s database.
- Coordinate the preparation and distribution of cheques including manual cheques when required.
- Monitor transactions processed against contract funds, ensuring compliance with the contract.
- Maintain and enhance the associated SharePoint database.
- Identify and lead accounts payable process improvement initiatives.
- University degree in accounting, business or finance.
- Professional accounting designation.
- 5+ years accounting experience including full cycle Accounts Payable.
- Proficiency in ACCPAC and advanced MSExcel, proficiency in word processing and database management applications.
- Math skills to perform a variety of manual accounting and accounts payable related calculations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communications skills to liaise with other members of the Finance team and to interact with all clients/vendors.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 727
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Accounting and Payroll, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 37
Date Updated 02/03/2020