Accounts Payable and Receivable Administrator for manufacturing client, Markham office.
Marberg Job Number: 1793.
Job Type: Temp-to-Perm.
Initial Term: ASAP for 6 months, with potential of full-time hire.
Compensation: $25 per hour to $30 per hour.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: 8:30 am to 5 pm or 9 am to 5:30 pm, with 1 hour unpaid lunch break, Monday to Friday (37.5 work hours per week).
Work Location: Hybrid – 2 days per week remote-based and 3 days per week onsite at Client’s Markham office. First several weeks of training will be 100% onsite.
Maintain full cycle accounts receivable and payable transactions and support budget and cash flow related processes.
Account Receivable responsibilities include:
- To prepare and mail out invoices.
- Organize and file deposit receipts as invoices are paid.
- Prepare bank deposits; verify and balance receipts; and send checks and other payments to bank.
- Post payments to client accounts.
- Prepare reports on delinquent accounts and send Statements of Account to clients.
- Follow up to investigate and collect on outstanding payments as required.
- Reconcile cash receipts and deposits, and analyze financial records for accuracy.
- Additional Accounts Receivable tasks as required.
Accounts Payable responsibilities include:
- To receive and record vendor invoices.
- Ensure payments processed in a timely fashion, in accordance with company policy.
- Investigate and resolving any payment discrepancies or disputes.
- Calculate and prepare checks for signature.
- Prepare purchase orders and expense reports.
- Monitor status of loans, credit cards and accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
- Additional Accounts Payable tasks as required.
Education: Post Secondary education in Accounting, Business Administration, or equivalent discipline.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 3+ years of full cycle A/P and A/R work experience.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Advanced proficiency in MSExcel including Pivot Tables, VLOOKUPs (will be tested).
- Proficiency in SAP A/P and A/R modules (may be tested).
- Strong data entry skills (may be tested).
- Strong arithmetic skills (may be tested).
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including strong business writing skills and professional telephone manners.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Demonstrated knowledge of full cycle Canadian Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes and best practices.
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works to deadlines.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proficient de-escalation skills. Ability to surmount internal and external job pressures.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently, collaboratively, and in an advisory capacity, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite as required, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of full COVID-19 vaccination series prior to assignment start, subject to reasonable accommodation per the Ontario Human Rights Code.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1793
Location: Canada Ontario Markham
Category: Accounting and Payroll
Number Of Positions 2
Pay Rate 25
Date Updated 11/02/2022